A good salad should be fresh and full of flavour. You must wash the lettuce thoroughly and dry it very well to remove any moisture. There are different kinds of lettuce, you can use the one your prefer most. Make sure its fresh, crispy and without any black spots. Preferably choose organic and if you have your own produce you are more than lucky.
Cut it in medium pieces and put the vinaigrette before you serve and not prior.
Variation 1: You can add nuts, grilled tofu or black beans and make it a full meal.
Variation 2: Use any other green instead of lettuce.
Super easy and super healthy!! Enjoy!!
- 1 medium lettuce
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 small carrot
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Clean the lettuce and dry it very well. Cut it in medium pieces.
- Cut the avocado in small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a shaker and shake very well.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl, grind the carrot on the top, add the avocado, the sesame seeds, the raisins and mix.
- Before you serve, drizzle with the vinaigrette and with the nutritional yeast.
- Mix well and serve.