Fresh salads are a healthy and refreshing part of a balanced diet. These days, the markets are filled with an array of vibrant greens. You could probably make a unique salad every day of the week that would vary in color, composition, and flavor. By using a variety of greens, salads will not only look visually stunning, but they will also taste great.
Gone are the days of boring salads. By having a supply of clean, seasonal greens in the refrigerator, you will be inspired to put together a fresh, and healthy salad on a regular basis. Whether served as a whole meal or a simple side, salads are easy to work with your cooking repertoire.
One of my favorite greens is Spinach. I use it often in salads, smoothies, with legumes, and in juice. It’s a superfood, high in Iron, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
They are a few health benefits of consuming Spinach such as reducing the blood pressure, help with diabetes and much much more.
This salad is a little bit different than the normal one. The veggies are not raw but we put in boiled water for a while.
Salad with Spinach and Orange | Vegan & GF
- 1 kg Spinach
- 2 Oranges
- 1 onion
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp walnuts
- 1 tsp raisins
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Boil water, remove it from the heat and put the spinach, inside for 10 minutes.
- Drain the spinach and wash it with cold water
- Peel the oranges and cut into thin slices
- Pell the onion and cut it into thin slices.
- In a big bowl mix the spinach with the oranges, the onion, the coconut, the raisins and the walnuts.
- Make a dressing with the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Add the dressing int the salad and mix well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.