Vegan Hash Browns
I firstly tried Hash Browns, in Bordeaux (France) and as soon as I discovered it, I could not believe how easy it is to cook it. I can also call it as “Fried potatoes in cubes with sundried tomatoes” simply because the dish is just fries but cooked in a different way.
Ιn the original recipe, the potatoes shall firstly boil, before cooking in the pan with butter. In France, they use a LOT of butter. Personal I Love it!! It is just today I enjoy to make it lighter and vegan. If you like the butter too, you can use it instead of coconut oil or olive oil, but not 2-3 teaspoons but 5-6 tablespoons. I told you, French love, their Butter! 🙂
For the garnishing, except dill, you can also use parsley. I hope you will enjoy the recipe 🙂
Have you ever tried them with these?
I can not resist a warm dish of Falafel combined with Hash Browns. Have you ever tried this? Please do!!! And if you want to search for other ideas from our Recipes Book, be our guest. Try them all and send us your comments.
Hash Browns with Sun-dried potatoes
- 5 potatoes
- 4 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 3 tsp dried or fresh dill
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small dice.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes and the onion in small pieces. Heat a pan over medium / low heat and put 1tsp oil, add the salt and then add the onions and the tomatoes. Let them cook until golden brown and put them aside.
- Add 2 tbsp coconut oil in the pan and place the potatoes - on high heat.
- Toss them frequently until golden. Turn the heat down and cook them until are cooked through.
- Add the onions and the sun-dried tomatoes (that you already cooked), add pepper, the oregano, and rosemary and cook for 1 minute, mixing well.
- Serve immediately garnishing with dried or fresh dill. Enjoy!! 🙂