This Crispy Baked Tofu is made with delicious aromatic ingredients and it is a lot less oily but is still an incredible crispy flavor explosion in a plate! Only 400 calories per serving and you can adjust the spiciness to your own taste. Serve it with vegetable rice and fresh basil.
Crispy Baked Tofu
Let’s talk about Tofu! One of my favorite ingredients in Vegan Diet.
History of Tofu
Tofu also known as bean curd, is a food cultivated by coagulating soya milk and then pressing the resulting curds into soft white blocks. A component in East Asian and Southeast Asian cuisines. It has a subtle flavor and can be used in savory and sweet dishes. It is often seasoned or marinated to suit the dish. can be soft, firm, or extra firm
It is often considered as a controversial food because of soya. Tofu often genetically produced (especially in the USA and the crops are sprayed with the herbicide Roundup. So choose organic as often as possible.
Prior to using firm or soft tofu, you should press out the liquid. Wrap it in a towel and squeeze it gently. This allows the marinades to be absorbed better. Another method is to freeze it and defrost it. This will give you a chewy tofu and the marinade will be better absorbed, like a sponge! You can bake it, fry it or grill it.
Some recipes call for firm tofu, especially savory dishes, and some of them a soft one (silken tofu). The soft one we use it for desserts.
Today we use the firm tofu. The marinade is very important. Do not be in a rush as the marinade will determine the flavor of your final dish.
How to make Crispy Baked Tofu – Step by Step
HOW TO PREP THIS IN ADVANCE
This crispy tofu is so easy to make in advance just cook the tofu and the rice in advance. Place them on the fridge. Heat a pan and reheat the rice and tofu separately for 2-3 minutes. Remove aside. Cook the veggies, add the rice mix a little a bit and serve with the tofu.
COOK’S TIPS FOR PERFECT LENTIL DAL:
- Instead of lentils, you can use peas or beans. They make equally a delicious dish.
- You can add the spices you want. If you do not like curry you can skip it.
- Do not replace the coconut cream with coconut water. The cream gives a thickness to the dish.
- The tomato paste just gives color and nice consistency to the recipe so do not omit it.
- You can make it as thick as you wish. If you prefer it soupier just add a little bit of water.
- Before serving you can add a little bit of vinegar.
- I served it with basmati rice. You can use any rice you want.
OTHER CURRY AND HIGH IN PROTEIN IDEAS
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! I would love to hear back from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
The Best Quinoa Recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp salt
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and cover it with cold water. Let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Put the quinoa on a thin sieve and rinse it with warm water until the water runs clean. (Some claim that the quinoa softener improves its texture, helps break down the hardest shell of the seeds while rinsing removes the bitter resin, saponin.)
- Place a pan in moderate to strong fire, add 1 cup of quinoa and 1 1/2 cups of water. While the packing instructions recommend using 2 cups of liquid for every 1 cup of quinoa, however using 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups of liquid for each cup of quinoa has much better results. Let it boil then lower the temperature.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes. When the cooking is completed, you will see that it has become translucent with a thin white circle around it.
- Give it time to "rest". Apply a clean dish towel on top. Then cover it with the lid leaving the Quinoa to rest 10-15 minutes. The lid traps the heat and the towel absorbs excess moisture.
- Stir the quinoa with a fork, enough, so that all the seeds breathe. You already have fluffy quinoa, ready to serve.
- The secret is how well you rinse Quinoa before cooking. Be sure it will completely rinse to leave as much bitterness as is left.
- In addition, make sure you rinse it well after cooking.
- Quinoa is excellent when cooked in vegetable broth. Also, try to add a little salt - when cooking. Garlic, rosemary and black pepper also match flavor.
- Quinoa softening improves its texture, helps break down the hardest shell of the seed while the rinse removes the bitter resin, saponin.
Are you planning to make this Recipe? I LOVE to see your creations. Please take a photo and tag @MANINIOPK on Instagram with the hashtag #MANINIOPK.