Let’s talk about my favourite part in Veganism.
I just can’t enough of them. Simply, I LOVE them.
Smoothie is a thick, smooth drink of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts & seeds, pureed with water, juice or milk.
A lot of people do hate greens of any kind, especially kids. If you do not like greens, smoothies are a great way to sneak greens into your diet. Yes, you can have greens in your smoothies and believe me, with a good combination can taste great! Smoothies are nutritional dense food, full of minerals, vitamins and can replace any meal of the day. They are super easy to make and there are hundreds of fruits, plant-based kinds of milk, sweeteners, vegetables, superfoods, nuts, and seeds combinations that you can make.
Personally, I prefer to make them as a breakfast choice and today I present one of my favourite combinations. For the liquid, I just used plain water and ice cubes. If you wish you just can add any plant-based milk you prefer. You can adjust the amount of the liquid to achieve the thickness you wish. Personally, I like it with a thick texture.
Very easy and can be made is just under five minutes! 🙂
Be aware that the type of blender you use. The quality of the blender will determine the texture of your smoothie. Start at a lower speed and increase gradually. Place your liquid first so the ingredients will mix easier.
Beetroot Banana Cucumber Apple | Smoothie!
Guidelines for the best smoothie
- Start with putting some fruits (apples are easy if they are in season and bananas for sweetness) with some kind of liquid. You can either use water or start with some kind of juice, e.g. orange juice (that way you get a 100% fruit smoothie), or plant-based milk which are high in Protein
- Once you are past that stage, you can experiment with “Green Smoothies” to add greens like kale, spinach, salad, or whatever other green leaves you have at home. My suggestion here would be to start with a small quantity, as the resulting smoothies do not taste as sweet.
- Essential for making smoothies is a powerful Blender (or you need to blend for a really long time for the smoothie to come, well, smooth).
- By using frozen fruits, you can get an ice-cold smoothie, but beware, blending frozen fruit or vegetables does, of course, put a much higher strain on your blender than non-frozen food. I like to add these in small quantities to a running blender.
As a matter of fact, I once destroyed a blender jug by putting in frozen banana pieces first and then turning on the machine.
- Make sure that you secure your blender lid very tightly in the jug.
Keep tuned for more Smoothies recipes and tips on the best combinations. 🙂
Beetroot Banana Cucumber Apple | Smoothie
A delicious and detox smoothie ideal for Weight Loss
- 1 Banana
- 1 Green or Red Apple
- 1 Cucumber
- 4 Small Beetroots
- 1/2 Lemon or Lime
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 Ice cubes
- 1 Small piece of Ginger
Wash all the fruits and vegetables.
Peel the apple and the cucumber if you wish.
Peel the lemon, Beetroots, banana and a small piece of ginger
Place the water in the blender and add all the rest of ingredients including ice cubes.
Start blending at low speed for 30 seconds and increase in high speed.
Adjust the water accordingly, depending on the thickness you want to achieve.
- Calories are per serving.
- This smoothie is not so sweet. If you prefer it sweeter just add 1 more banana or 2-3 dates.
**Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. There are all products I love and recommend. Thank you for your support!