This Easy Strawberry Smoothie is filled with delicious strawberries, bananas, and almond milk. A fun, healthy and highly nutritious drink! It’s super refreshing and perfect for detox on when you need to recharge your body! You will Love it!
Hands up if you love a smoothie!
I loveee smoothies for two main reasons one, they delicious (obv) and two, they’re made with so few ingredients it ain’t gonna break the bank.
So How’s this Easy Strawberry Smoothie is Different?
It’s still got all the delicious fruits but I also added fresh lime and ginger. Oh yes! The combination is amazing!
This smoothie is incredibly filling and perfect for drinking it on hot weather and for the start of the day, as a breakfast.
Very easy and can be made is just under five minutes!
How to make Easy Strawberry Smoothie-Step by Step
Step 1: Gather all your ingredients. Strawberries, bananas of lime, apple, cucumber, banana, ginger
Step 2: Put all the ingredients in a blender, including ice cubes in case you prefer it cold.
Step 3: Add 1/2 cup of almond milk
Step 4: Blend well and if it’s needed add more water. Depends how thick you want it. Serve it and enjoy!
Top Tips for Making a perfect Beet smoothie
- Be aware that the type of blender you use. The quality of the blender will determine the texture of your smoothie. Start at a lower speed and increase gradually. Place your liquid first so the ingredients will mix easier.
- You can freeze the strawberries prior to use if you wish.
- You can adjust the amount of the almond milk to achieve the thickness you wish. Personally, I like it with a thick texture.
- A lot of people do hate greens of any kind, especially kids. If you do not like greens, smoothies are a great way to sneak greens into your diet. Yes, you can have greens in your smoothies and believe me, with a good combination can taste great! In this recipe, I added cucumber but you can substitute with handful spinach.
Why People love smoothies
- Smoothies are nutritionally dense food, full of minerals, vitamins and can replace any meal of the day. They are super easy to make and there are hundreds of fruits, plant-based kinds of milk, sweeteners, vegetables, superfoods, nuts, and seeds combinations that you can make.
- It’s an ideal breakfast choice and perfect for weight loss and detox.
How to make a perfect Smoothie
- Start with putting some fruits (apples are easy if they are in season and bananas for sweetness) with some kind of liquid. You can either use water or start with some kind of juice, e.g. orange juice (that way you get a 100% fruit smoothie), or plant-based milk which are high in Protein
- Once you are past that stage, you can experiment with “Green Smoothies“ to add greens like kale, spinach, salad, or whatever other green leaves you have at home. My suggestion here would be to start with a small quantity, as the resulting smoothies do not taste as sweet.
- Essential for making smoothies is a powerful Blender (or you need to blend for a really long time for the smoothie to come, well, smooth).
- By using frozen fruits, you can get an ice-cold smoothie, but beware, blending frozen fruit or vegetables does, of course, put a much higher strain on your blender than non-frozen food. I like to add these in small quantities to a running blender.
As a matter of fact, I once destroyed a blender jug by putting in frozen banana pieces first and then turning on the machine.
- Make sure that you secure your blender lid very tightly in the jug.
Other Smoothie Ideas
If you’ve tried this Easy Strawberry Smoothie or any other recipe on the blog then Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! I would love to hear back from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Beet Banana Smoothie
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup beets raw and in cubes
- 1 Cucumber small
- 1/2 lemon juice or whole
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 4 Ice cubes
- 1 Small piece of Ginger
- Wash all the fruits, cucumber, beets and ginger.
- Peel the bananas and the cucumber.
- Juice the lime if you wish of add it as it is
- Place the water in the blender and add all the rest of ingredients including ice cubes.
- Start blending at low speed for 30 seconds and increase in high speed.
- Adjust the water accordingly, depending on the thickness you want to achieve.
- Be aware that the type of blender you use. The quality of the blender will determine the texture of your smoothie. Start at a slower speed and increase gradually. Place your liquid first so the ingredients will mix easier.
- You can freeze the banana prior to use if you wish.
- You can adjust the amount of almond milk to achieve the thickness you wish. Personally, I like it with a thick texture.
- A lot of people do hate greens of any kind, especially kids. If you do not like greens, smoothies are a great way to sneak greens into your diet. Yes, you can have greens in your smoothies, and believe me, a good combination can taste great! In this recipe, I added cucumber but you can substitute it with a handful of spinach.