You are desperately trying to be Vegan but you are stuck with your kitchen supplies? What can I eat as a Vegan? What shall I buy? My Kitchen is full of animal products and items that almost expired! 1. Do NOT Panic! 2. Start cleaning your kitchen from clutter and animal products.
Having a cluttered kitchen with unnecessary ingredients will make it more difficult for you to stay organized.
Start step by step and clean each area separately. Read the items labels carefully and throw any animal products. Make sure that you use as much as whole foods as possible.
How to organize your pantry as a clean Vegan | Shopping List
Personally, I am trying, as much as I can, to cook starting from scratch. I do not use any faux “meat” products. This list includes clean foods and not the Vegan junk food, such as chips, seasoned bread, bars, vegan packaged sweets etc. I hate all the packaged / ready made cooking products, like beans, sauces etc. Why? Because there are full of preservatives. No doubt! You can store your pantry items at room temperature, in airtight or in sealed containers.
The list does not include fruits and vegetables. It will be a separate post. Below, you’ll find a recommended list of basic items to purchase in order to receive all the necessary nutrients.
Dry Grains & Legumes – the Good quality protein which they build muscle and tissue
- White and Brown rice
- Dry lentils (red, brown, black)
- Dry beans (white, big ones, chickpeas etc)
- Sheitan (Wheat gluten)
- Chestnut flour
- Oat flour
- Rice flour
- Whole Wheat
- Almond meal
- Spelt flour.
Canned and Preserved Products – Choose BPA-free. Some of them, you can make them from scratch, as I usually do
- Tomato products
- Tamari or Soy Sauce
- Coconut milk
- Nut and seed butter
- Sun Dried-tomatoes
Seasoning – Choose organic spices. They boost metabolism
- Nutritional yeast (my favourite!)
- Sea salt or pink salt.
- Black pepper, red pepper, chilly (in a grinder)
- Herbs and spices that you love
- Vanilla bean and extract
Kinds of vinegar – Choose the organic ones.
- Rice vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar
Oil and Fats – Choose oils that are organic, unrefined and cold-pressed
- Virgin coconut oil
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Raw nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts etc)
- Seeds (Chia, flax seeds, hemp seeds, Sunflower, etc)
- Tahini (It makes great Hummus)
- Agave syrup
- Maple Syrup
- Dried fruits, such as dates, mangoes, raisins, apricots
- Coconut sugar
- Organic cane sugar
- Raw Chocolate
- Cacao Nibs
- Carob Powder
- Non-dairy milk (Almond, Oat, Coconut, Hazelnut etc)
- Non-dairy butter, and condiments
- Tofu and tempeh
- Vegetable stock
- Vegan Cheese
- Vegan soy sauce
- Frozen berries and fruits for smoothies and salads.
- Vegetables in cubes for quick meals.
- Minced frozen spiced veggies ( garlic, ginger, and onion)
- Vegan Butter
- Egg Replacer
- Baking powder
- Vanilla and other spices
- Chocolate or cocoa
You can download the Shopping list here