Halkidiki Beaches and especially Kavourotripes is enchanting and seductive, makes you fall in love with her and keeps you in touch all over your life. That’s Halkidiki!!
As Greeks say “There is no place like Halkidiki” and they are actually right.
Halkidiki is a region in northern Greece of Macedonia which is divided into three feet (Known as Halkidiki feet), Kassandra, Sithonia, and Mount Athos which feature Mediterranean forests that give way to sandy beaches in sheltered bays.
The first foot is known for its engaging nightlife, the second for its endless green & camping spots and the third one for its spirituality as it has inhabited since ancient times. Mount Athos (third foot) is known for its nearly 1,800-year continuous Christian presence and its long historical monastic traditions, which date back to at least 800 A.D.
Today’s post is my favorite area in 2nd feet, Kavourotrypes (Crab holes) or Orange Beach. One of the best Halkidiki Beaches.
The first acquaintance with the beach is a road trip around Halkidiki. Our first base is Vourvourou and from there we explore the beauties of the second foot of Halkidiki.
Halkidiki Beaches continue…
It is located 30 minutes by car away from Vourvourou or just 10 minutes from Sarti. Actually, the beach belongs to Sarti area. An alternative way of transport is by boat through tourist agents who organize daily trips. We thought we reached early morning to avoid the crowds (10.00am) but the place it was already busy.
It’s worth to mention that this beach gets really busy during the month of July and August. To get the real beauty of the place just avoid those months and seek for May, June or September.
Our first images of the place remain engraved in our memories. To be honest our first visit was not so encouraging due to heavy rain and winds. We postponed our visit up to the next day and the scenery really rewarded us.
Its shaded plots bordered by the rocks, sandy beach and camp spots are well known for the best turquoise, clear and crystal water around the world, without any doubt.
I invite you to stroll around the rocks, swim in this paradise water and camp under the pine trees.
The visit will take you from the nice perfumed pine trees, the fresh air, the golden sandy beach, to the charm of the rocks until you reach, by a nice swim, the big rock inside the sea. Before that, prepare yourself to take hundreds of photos.
A Beach with golden sand and with pine trees to create shadows to make the visitor believe he is in the holy paradise.
Start of the Journey
We start our walk down the cliff in the Orange Beach bar which is small and busy but you will not believe it’s popularity as soon as you step inside! It lays on the right side of the beach area. I continue my stroll around the sandy beach, continued to the rocks to reach the top of the highest end and admire its breathtaking views. My steps lead to a wide range of rocks and on the left side, I can admire the Mermaid carved in the rock and the amazing view of Mount Athos.
If you have the opportunity to walk further inside the bushes just do it, the views will reward your effort!
A visit to the beach cannot be completed without snorkeling around the rocks and exploring the white sand coves around the area. Moreover, the best option to explore this little gem and avoid the crowds is to camp late in the afternoon and wake up the very early morning. Bliss!
Several hours of exploring, photo shooting and we are ready to leave this paradise.
Kavourotrypes Beach is a unique experience!
- You can reach the area from Vourvourou (23.1km) or from the side of Sarti (6.6km)
- Access in Kavourotrypes beach is by car or boat. You can park your car in the open space around the beach and you can walk down the beach and the cliff/rock areas around the beach. Regarding the boat, there is a variety of tourist offices which arrange day trips to the area.
- The small Orange Beach Bar is on the left side in which chairs and umbrella are free for the bar customers. This side is busy with loud music. No showers.
- There is a second cafe is on the top of the hill, under the pine trees between the 2 sides of the beach. The steps down lead to the beach area.
- There aren’t any restaurants, shops, etc.
- During the months of July and August after 10.00 am, all the sides are super overcrowded. You can either sit at the beach bar or on the rocks. You can camp also around the beach.
Related Posts about Greece including Greek Vegan Food:
- Things to know before your trip to Greece,
- 6 Pizza Delivery Eats in Thessaloniki, Greece,
- 7 Vegan Delivery Restaurants in Thessaloniki, Greece,
- Omalia Village in Krionaria, Greece,
- Eat as a Vegan in Greece,
- Greek Lagan Bread with Star Anise,
- Vegan Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona) | Low in Calories,
- Vegan Kourabiedes Baked With Coconut Sugar | Greek Christmas Cookies,
- Greek Pita Bread.