There is a big variety of packages “Vegan” burgers on the markets but most of them they are highly processed and they are high in sodium. Personally, I never buy any ready made meals.
For this reason, I recommend to make them at home. Vegan burgers are one of those simple dishes that once you master the basics the possibilities are endless. In meat burgers, egg works as a binder. To replace that, just use cooked potato, bread crumbs, oats or blended tofu. You can bake them or fry them in a pan. Regarding seasoning, there are tons of herbs and spices that you can experiment with.
I usually make a big batch and freeze them. Just bake or fry them and let them cool completely. Place them between parchment paper, wrap them in a bag and they are ready for the freezer! Simple as that!
Are Vegan burgers have protein? Absolutely! Each pattie contains 11grams of protein.
These Burgers are simple, super easy to make, super flavorful, full of healthy ingredients and super tasty!!
Seriously, even the meat eaters can be satisfied with these burgers.
Mushroom Bean Vegan Burger
You can use any other spices you like. But the smoked paprika gives a unique taste on a Vegan burger. Do not replace it with anything else.
For a gluten-free edition use blended oats instead of breadcrumbs.
In case you want it Gluten-free skip this step and just fry them without covering with the breadcrumbs. Add some more breadcrumbs in case the texture is too runny. Handle with care as soon as you remove them from the pan. Let them cool for few minutes before you make the burger.
You can serve the burgers with potatoes or a salad of your preference. To be honest I did not enjoy it with the sweet potatoes. They were too sweet in combination with the burger.
If you like this recipe do not forget to leave a comment and rate it. Bon Appetite!
Mushroom Bean Vegan Burger recipe
Mushroom Bean Vegan Burger with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
For the Patties
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp oil or veggie broth for the sauteing
- 150 grams mushrooms
- 1 can red beans
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 7 pieces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp soya sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp agave syrup or any other sweetener
- salt as per your taste
- olive or sunflower oil for fry
For the Burgers
- 3 bread buns
- 2 lettuce slice
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp red sauce of your choice or hummus
- onion slices
- tomato slices
- Clean and Cut the mushrooms into very small cubes
- Cut the onions into cubes, heat a pan and add the oil, salt, and pepper over low heat and saute them until golden. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Sauté until soft. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the beans and mash them well
- Cut the Sun-dried tomatoes into small cubes.
- In a bowl add the mashed beans, the tomatoes, the pan mix, the bread crumbs and the spices. Mix well and form three patties.
- Reheat the pan and add the oil.
- Cover the patties with bread crumbs and fry them for 10 minutes total on both sides, until golden.
- Put a towel paper on a plate and place the patties to remove any excess oil.
- Cut the buns in half.
- From the bottom to top:
- Spread the tomato sauce or hummus
- Put a leaf of lettuce
- Add the patties
- Add onion slices
- Add tomato slices
- Spread mustard sauce
- Put a leaf of lettuce
- Cover with the top bun
- You can serve with a salad or potatoes.