My Passion for Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
This Vegan Apple pie recipe is full of aroma, flavor and an easy alternative to the traditional Apple pie with eggs and milk. Trust me! You will not miss anything! It is as good as the traditional one! Plus even better!
For the Crust
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup soft vegan butter in room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown or white sugar
- 3 Tbsp warm water
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 7-8 apples peeled and cut in small cubes
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the Topping and Bottom (Dough)
Place the flour in a bowl and add the soft butter. Add the sugar, knead and add water accordingly until you get a smooth and fluffy dough. Cut in half, wrap it in a clean film and put it in the freezer for 2 hours.
For the filling
Put your pan on low heat, add the apples, sugar, and cinnamon and mix well. Cook until the apples get soft and with a caramelized texture, around 20 minutes.
To assemble the pie
Put little butter in the bottom of a medium pan. Remove the dough from the freezer, take the half of it and use a grater to rub the dough on the bottom of the pan. As you can see on the picture I used the big holes grater. Fill with the apple mix, evenly around the pan. Rub the other half of the dough on the top of it.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Bake 45 minutes in a preheated oven. After 20 minutes reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 25 minutes more, until the dough gets a golden colour.
- Make sure that your butter is soft enough. It will make your dough fluffier.
- Instead of sugar in the filling, you can add Maple syrup instead. Just be aware that it is sweeter than the sugar.
- For an extra aroma flavor, use cardamon.
- Carefully choose your apples – Prefer the green or the yellow ones for extra flavor.
- Perfect for breakfast time, I can confess that the next day it tastes even better.
- Best served with Ginger Tea!
- Serve it cold. As it cools down the Apple Pie releases all of its Aroma! It's absolutely delicious!
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 85g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 44g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 238mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 2.2mg