Dhal Curry with Rice | Vegan
This super healthy, Dhal Curry with Rice is a delicious curry that will satisfy any curry lovers.This is one of my favorite Indian dishes. Honestly, I can have it any time of day, even for breakfast. Yes, it's sooo good.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 3/4 cup lentils red
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger ground
- 1/2 tbsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric ground
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper spicy
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 can coconut cream
- 1/3 can tomato paste
Rinse the lentils very well.
Add oil and let it get hot.
Add the spices in low heat, salt and mix in.
Cook for 1 to 2 minutes in low heat, stir frequently.
Add garlic, onion, ginger and stir for 1-2 minutes, in low heat.
Add tomato paste, water, coconut cream, lentils and cook for 30 minutes, in low heat.
Adjust consistency if needed by adding a bit more water.
Taste and adjust salt, spices if needed.
Serve with cooked basmati rice and chopped dill.
- Instead of lentils, you can use peas or beans. They make equally a delicious dish.
- You can add the spices you want. If you do not like curry you can skip it.
- Do not replace the coconut cream with coconut water. The cream gives a thickness to the dish.
- The tomato paste just gives color and nice consistency to the recipe so do not omit it.
- You can make it as thick as you wish. If you prefer it soupier just add a little bit of water.
- Before serving you can add a little bit of vinegar.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 1757mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 4.5mg