Vegan Truffle Recipe
We all love a sweet treat from time to time. I usually crave sweet treats after lunch and dinner. This Vegan Truffle Recipe, made with shredded coconut, chocolate, and delicious nuts. It’s a light and chocolate treat that’s just as delicious and easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cup mix of walnuts and almonds
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup plums
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup mix of cacao and shredded black chocolate I used Dar Chocolate
- salt to taste
Gather all the ingredients.
Soak the plums for 1/2 hour until soft.
Cut the chocolate in very small pieces.
Pit the plums and blend them well in a food processor.
Place the walnuts and almonds in a food processor, pulse them until they are fine.
Remove the nuts from the food processor, place into a bowl and set aside.
Gather the blended nuts, the plums, the banana, and the chocolate.
Add the pitted plums and pulse several times. Once the plums have formed a paste, roughly cut up the banana and add it to the plums along with the vanilla. Pulse a few times to blend everything together.
Add the plum mixture to the nuts. Add a pinch of salt. This gives a flavourful combination between salt and sweet.
Mix to combine. To finish add the mix of cacao and the chocolate and mix them all well to combine.
- Instead of plums, you can use dates. Prepare them in the same way.
- Except for the shredded coconut, you can either roll them in cocoa powder or in shredded hazelnuts. All the choices match perfectly together.
- Use fresh nuts.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Iron: 0.2mg