Vegan Risotto Recipe with beetroots
This Vegan Risotto recipe is creamy and super delicious! It’s the perfect dish for busy weeknights and ready in less than an hour! Its made with simple ingredients and its the easiest way to get easy comfort food.
- 1 cup rice for risotto
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup onions minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt as per your taste as per your taste
- black pepper as per your taste
- red pepper as per your taste
- coriander as per your taste
- oregano as per your taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mixture of vinegar and vegetable broth or white wine
- 1/2 cup cooked beetroots
- A little chopped dill
- Liquid of 1 cup of cooked beetroots
Boil the beetroots in enough water and when its ready, strain and keep 1 cup of the liquid. Cut the beets into small pieces (keep some for decoration) and place them together with the liquid in blender until creamy. Keep aside.
Heat the broth and mix with water. Put on low heat and keep it beside the risotto pan, so it keeps hot.
Add oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-low heat.
Add the onions and the mixture of spices and allow to soften, but be careful not to burn. Then add the garlic, stir very little and add the rice. Mix until you see the rice clicking, become translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the vinegar and broth mixture and stir until it evaporates. Increase the temperature and add the broth with a big spoon and then stir up the liquid until it evaporates completely. Once evaporated, add another spoonful and repeat the process until you see the rice with creamy texture. (Test after 15 minutes for doneness). Then add a spoonful of beetroot cream (firstly make it warm) and stir until it evaporates (as you did with the broth). You will get a pink - red colour. Remove from heat, add the dill and mix.
Add a little more chopped dill, the pieces of beetroot and ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
- For the broth, use a combination of half water and half of the broth in order the flavor not to be too strong,
- It is better to have more stock than to run out during the cooking process,
- Serve it immediately, if you let it cool, will be too thick. If this happens put the risotto back to the pan, add some broth, and mix until it absorbed,
- The dill matches perfectly with this recipe so do not skip it,
- If you want a little more special flavor, you can also add nutritional yeast.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1929mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1000IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 4.5mg