4+ Beetroot Salad Ideas
4+ Unique and delicious Beetroot Salad Ideas that will satisfy all your cravings! You can either have it as a main course in a big bowl with slices of toasted bread or as a side dish.
- 8 middle size beets
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almonds without the skin
Peel the beets and boil them for 30 minutes.
Place the almonds in a pan and bake until golden.
Mix the vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper and olive oil and put the Vinaigrette aside.
Drain the beets and cut them in circular thin slices. Put them in a bowl, put the Vinaigrette and mix well. Serve on a plate, add the almonds and garnish with parsley.
This salad can be the base of many other combinations such as the follows.
- Beetroot salad with greens. Use any green salad, add the beetroots slices, drizzle with the vinaigrette and garnish as you wish.
- Beetroot salad with avocado. Cut the pieces of the salad into small pieces and place in a bowl. Cut an avocado in half remove the stem and remove a little bit of the flesh to make a small hole. Add the small pieces of the salad in the hole and drizzle with nuts, olive oil, and lemon or lime.
- Beetroot salad with baked tofu. Marinate slices of tofu with the same vinaigrette for 1 hour and bake until golden. Place tofu on a plate, add the beetroot slices and drizzle with more vinaigrette. Sprinkle some powdered nuts.
- Beetroot salad with coconut yogurt. Place the salad on a serving plate and drizzle with cold coconut yogurt. Mix well.
Serving: 340g | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 85g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 44g | Cholesterol: 238mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 2.2mg