Upside-down Apple pie | Vegan
Vegan and Delicious Upside-Down Apple Pie
- 6 Apples in big size
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp sugar brown
- 2 tbsp ginger grinded
- 1 tbsp orange peel
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/5 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powdered
Preheat your oven to 356 Fahrenheit.
Cut the Apples in slices. Cover the bottom of the pan with the butter and add the apple slices.
Sprinkle the apples with 2 tbsp of cinnamon, 1 tbsp shredded ginger, 1 tbsp of orange peel and 2 tbsp of brown sugar. Bake them until soft (around 15 minutes).
Remove them from the oven and keep them aside to cool.
Preheat again your oven to 356 Fahrenheit.
Combine the almond milk, sunflower oil, the water, the vinegar, vanilla, soda, salt & sugar together in a bowl and mix well.
Add the flour, baking powder, and the cinnamon and mix well. If it's too thick or too thin just add a little more water accordingly.
- Ingredient selection matters. Don’t make any substitutions unless you are sure they are going to be 100% equivalent in function.
- Whisking, measuring, and mixing are very important for consistent results in pastry production.
- Allow time for your oven to preheat—it can take 20 minutes or more, depending on the oven. Always use an oven thermometer.
- Take the time to properly prepare the baking pan. Oil the sides and bottom and line with parchment that has been cut to fit. Do not oil the parchment unless the recipe specifies to do so. Many people rush this process, leading to disappointing results.
- Timing is critical. Do not check the cake until about 5 minutes before you anticipate the baking to be complete. Opening the oven door can significantly lower the internal temperature of the oven and may adversely affect the ability of the cake to bake properly.
- Test your cake for doneness! Insert a cake tester or thin wooden skewer into the center of the cake at an angle. The tester should not feel wet or gummy. It should either be completely clean or a few moist crumbs might cling to it.
- You can substitute the milk with orange juice.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 1.9mg