The original Arabic Hummus
The Ultimate Original Arabic Hummus Recipe! This recipe is tossed with tahini, lemon, and lots of garlic for an incredibly simple comfort food creamy recipe. If you are a fan of Arabic food you will LOVE it!
- 2.5 cups chickpeas cooked or canned
- broth of the cooked chickpeas
- 3 tsp tahini
- 1 lemon
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt (half to cook the chickpeas and half during blending)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper or chilly flakes
For the Chickpeas
Cover the chickpeas with water from the night before.
The next day, drain and cook them in fresh water for 1 hour over low heat. (Add salt to the 45 minutes of cooking).
For the Hummus
Leave the chickpeas to cool, drain and put them in a blender with garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt.
Add 2-3 tablespoons broth and blend until you have a creamy texture. If the mixture is too thick add a little more broth.
Serve, add red pepper and olive oil if you like.
- You can use canned chickpeas or cook your own for your Hummus preparation. The best taste will be with the cooked ones.
- The type of blender will determine the texture of the final dish. A good blender will give a creamy texture.
- If you prefer a more garlic taste add more garlic.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1563mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 22.5mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 4.4mg