Lebanese cucumber salad
This Lebanese cucumber salad is a cold salad with bulgur and herbs that fits perfectly with any kind of dish! Made with simple ingredients and it the perfect way to treat yourself with a healthy fix!
- 1.5 cup parsley chopped
- 5 Tbsp mint chopped
- 1 Tbsp bulgur
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 7 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 piece of lettuce
Mix Bulgur with warm water and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Cut the tomatoes and cucumber in half, remove the seeds and drain them.
Cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into very small pieces.
Chop the parsley and mint into very small pieces and keep them aside.
Put the chopped vegetables in a bowl and mix well.
Add the bulgur and mix again.
Add the lemon, salt, pepper and mix well.
Place Tabbouleh in the piece of lettuce and serve.
- In Arab countries, they normally serve Tabouleh with Falafel, Babaghanoush, and Hummus on a big platter. A perfect combination!
- Use fresh crunchy vegetables. This will give you the crunchiness and freshness of the salad.
- Prior to using soaked bulgur, drain it very well.
- Consume immediately. Do leave it for the next day.
- Chop the veggies as small as possible, by hand. Do not blend them.
- Use vegetables from the fringe for a cold salad.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 816mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3920IU | Vitamin C: 56.9mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 3.3mg