Vegan Kourabiedes | Greek Cookies for Christmas
We all love sweet treats during the Christmas Period. I usually crave sweet treats all day during my Vacation. These Vegan Greek cookies, made with almonds, vegan butter, orange zest, and brandy. It’s a light and crunchy Christmas treat that’s just as delicious and easy to make.
- 1 cup Butter Vegan
- 1.5 cup almonds unsalted and without skin
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup powdered coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp brandy
- iced sugar
- little rose water
Preheat the oven and Bake the almonds at 338 Fahrenheit until they roast. let them cool and break them by pressing them with a roller between two sheets. Put them aside.
Put the butter in a mixer and mix for 10 minutes until it becomes fluffy. Add the sugar and beat for 15 minutes more. The more, the better! Then lower down the speed (to low speed) and gradually pour the flour, the vanilla, the zest, the brandy and beat for 2-3 minutes more.
Put the mix in a big bowl and add the almonds. Mix until all combined.
Make small balls with your finger and lightly press on the top. Put a sheet in a big pan and put the kourabiedes. Bake them in a preheated oven at 338 Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes until golden.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely. Sprinkle them with rose water.
Transfer the first layer of the cookies in a platter and sprinkle them with iced sugar
Put the second layer and cover them with iced sugar.
- The quality of the butter plays a big role in the fluffiness of the cookies. Choose the best one.
- Do not bake the cookies in high temperature.
- You can store up to 2 months in a cool temperature.
- If you do not have a mixture you can mix the butter with a whisk and shape them after with your hands.
- You can make any shapes you wish. I just shape them into mini balls and pressed my figure slightly on the top. This will prevent the Kourabiedes from the breaking.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.2mg