Baked Tofu | Vegan Tofu Recipes
Baked Tofu marinated in a delicious, rich and tamari sauce. In this recipe, I use firm tofu and made a simple and super quick sauce that you’re sure to love. Served with a green salad. You will LOVE it!
Servings 2 servings
- 12 oz firm tofu
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp black pepper
Cut the Tofu into slices.
Mix the tamari, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
Place the tofu slices in a bowl and cover with the sauce. Rest for at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven at 356 Fahrenheit.
Place the slices into a pan and cover with the remaining sauce. Bake until golden from both sides.
Serve with a green salad.
- Prior to using tofu, it is important to press out as much liquid as possible. This allows the tofu to better absorb other flavors from marinades or sauces.
- To do this, wrap the tofu in a towel and place in a colander. Lay something somewhat heavy, such as a plate, on top and leave it for 20 minutes to remove any excess water.
- Another way to remove excess water is to freeze and defrost it. Note that this method of freezing results in a more porous, “meatier” texture that is good if you want to use tofu as cutlets or when you want a chewy texture.
- To make the perfect Baked Tofu, you have to make sure that you season it very well. Leave it to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Instead of Tamari, you can use Soya sauce.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 2173mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2.5mg