Vegan Pasta Recipe
This Vegan Pasta recipe makes a rich dish with a unique tomato sauce you will absolutely love! Moist, rich Vegan with wholesome flavour, full of protein, and amazing color.
Servings 4 persons
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion medium
- 4 tomatoes medium-size
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper black
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp basil dried
- 1/2 can red beans
- 10 mushrooms medium
- 1 pack pasta
Cut the red pepper and the mushrooms in very small cubes. If you wish you can blend them in a mixer. Be careful do not overdo it.
Mash in a bowl 1/2 can of red beans. Peel the tomatoes and cut them in small cubes as well.
Heat a pan with a spoon of coconut oil and add the onions and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes until its golden in low heat.
Add the red peppers cubes. Saute for 2-3 minutes in low heat.
Add the chopped mushrooms with all your spices and let it simmer for 4 minutes in low heat. Add a little bit of water if needed.
Add the chopped tomatoes, 1/4 glass of water and let it simmer for 5 minutes in low heat until you get a thick consistency.
Add the mashed beans and mix. Let it simmer for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
Boil a full pack of pasta as per package instructions.
Put back to the fire the sauce mix in low heat.
Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Mix it very well and remove for the heat.
Serve immediately with the topping of your choice. I added a spoon of Vegan mayonnaise.
- You can substitute the beans with chickpeas.
- Keep it outside the fridge for 1 day or in the fridge for 3 days.
- Let it cool completely before putting the sauce on the freezer.
- Don’t add oil to your cooked pasta. It will not create very well in the sauce.
- You can use any pasta or spaghetti you wish.
- Instead of fresh tomatoes, you can use the canned ones (1/2 can)
- Regarding spices, you can also use any Asian spices you love.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 497kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1762mg | Potassium: 782mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1077IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg