Make this Cauliflower Tabbouleh when your favourite cauliflower is in season. Cauliflower contrast well with the aromatic dill and parsley. For those times when you are hungry and craving something nutritious, easy and gluten free, this salad is perfect to whip up. One of the best Vegan raw dishes with a rich and tasty dressing.
Servings 4 persons
- 1/2 head of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cucumber finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp slat
Gather all the ingredients. Wash them properly.
Add the cauliflower in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
Finely Chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, dill and onions. As finely as possible. This will give a nice texture in the Tabbouleh.
Add them on a bowl.
Make the dressing with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Add it in the veggies.
Mix well and serve.
- Dressing - You can mix and match lots of ingredients to make a dressing. Whisk in mustard or Agave syrup or add various spices as dried basil or oregano. The traditional dressing though is lemon, salt and pepper.
- Herbs - Use fresh dill and Parsley
- Don't cook the cauliflower - You want to use it raw as the texture will remain the same as couscous.
- Chop the Veggies as finely as possible - The Traditional Tabbouleh consists of finely chopped ingredients. Chop the parsley, dill, onions, cucumbers and tomatoes by hand. Do not chop them in the food processor as it will ruin the appearance of the salad.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 668mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2554IU | Vitamin C: 90mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg