Eggplant Curry Recipe
Do you have eggplants and a little curry powder? Prepare an easy, very tasty, and fragrant dish that everyone will love, especially the lovers of ethnic cuisine. A delicious Eggplant Curry Recipe with aromatic curry and fresh eggplants.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh onion chopped
- 2 tbdp paprika
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil dried
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbdp fresh ginger grated
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/2 can coconut cream
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp chillies
Gather all the ingredients. Cut all the vegetables in small cubes
Cut the tops of the eggplants and cut them in mall cubes.
Preheat the pan at a low temperature then add the coconut oil and add the spices. Mix for 1 minute and add the onions.
Saute for 2-3 minutes until onion gets golden.
Add the peppers and the garlic and let them simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Put the fresh onions and let them simmer for 1 minute.
Then add the eggplants in high heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until golden.
Add the tomato sauce, coconut cream and let it cook until it gets thick and eggplants are cooked.
Put salt to taste. Serve over cooked rice and fresh chopped cilantro/parsley or chives
- Instead of Eggplants, you can use peas, beans or zucchini. They make equally delicious dishes.
- You can add the spices you want.
- Do not replace the coconut cream with coconut water. The cream gives a thickness to the dish.
- The tomato paste just gives color and nice consistency to the recipe so do not omit it.
- You can make it as thick as you wish. If you prefer it soupier just add a little bit of water.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Sodium: 2650mg | Potassium: 1168mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4682IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 8mg