Chickpeas with spinach and sun dried tomatoes
This Chickpeas Recipe Vegan puts a twist on a classic Chickpeas dish. Spiced flavors and curry flavoring makes it one special Vegan dish. Served warm, all it needs is some dried or fresh coriander.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups chickpeas drained and cooked
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 limes the juice
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 Tbsp coconut cream
- 3 tsp ginger chopped
- water little
Prepare your ingredients. Cut the onion and ginger, gather your lime juice, cut the dried tomatoes into small slices and collect all the remaining ingredients.
Heat a pan and add the coconut oil. Then add onions and salt and simmer over low heat until the onions are soft without being burned. Once ready, add garlic powder, dried tomatoes and ginger. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes and then add the chickpeas. At this point, you can turn on the temperature and let the chickpea get a golden colour.
Lower the heat again down and add the spinach little by little. Then add the coconut cream, stir and add just a little water to thin up the cream. Add the spices and lime juice and let simmer 3-4 minutes, until the liquid gets a nice thick texture. Taste and season it accordingly.
Serve immediately, if you leave it, the vegetables will "lose" their green colour. Decorate as you wish and enjoy!
You can serve with quinoa or brown rice.
- Instead of baby spinach, you can use any kind of spinach just cut it in medium pieces.
- If using sun-dried tomatoes in oil, first drain them before you add them to the mix.
- You can add the spices you want. If you do not like curry you can skip it.
- Do not replace the lime with lemon. The lime gives this extra kick flavor you need for this dish.
- Serve it hot. As it cools down the coconut start to get thick and loses its consistency.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 1329mg | Potassium: 2740mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 2110IU | Vitamin C: 58.5mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 12.2mg