White bean hummus recipe
The Ultimate White bean hummus recipe! This recipe is tossed with lemon and lots of garlic for an incredibly simple comfort food creamy recipe. If you are a fan of Hummus you will LOVE it!
- 2.5 cups beans cooked or canned
- broth of the cooked beans
- 1 lemon
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt (half to cook the chickpeas and half during blending)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper powder or chilly flakes
- 1/2 cup red pepper sliced
For the Beans
Cover the beans with water from the night before.
The next day, drain and cook them in fresh water for 1 hour over low heat. (Add salt to the 45 minutes of cooking).
- You can use canned beans or cook your own for your Hummus preparation. The best taste will be with the cooked ones.
- Also you can use any size of beans. I use the giant ones.
- The type of blender will determine the texture of the final dish. A good blender will give a creamy texture.
- If you prefer a more garlic taste add more garlic.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1563mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 22.5mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 4.4mg