The Best Quinoa Recipe
This Quinoa Recipe is one of the best Vegan Quinoa Recipes! It was so simple that you will get addicted to it! You can use it to make a variety of delicious dishes. Only 220 calories per serving! Serve it with a nice salad.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp salt
Place the quinoa in a bowl and cover it with cold water. Let it soak for 5 minutes.
Put the quinoa on a thin sieve and rinse it with warm water until the water runs clean. (Some claim that the quinoa softener improves its texture, helps break down the hardest shell of the seeds while rinsing removes the bitter resin, saponin.)
Place a pan in moderate to strong fire, add 1 cup of quinoa and 1 1/2 cups of water. While the packing instructions recommend using 2 cups of liquid for every 1 cup of quinoa, however using 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups of liquid for each cup of quinoa has much better results. Let it boil then lower the temperature.
Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes. When the cooking is completed, you will see that it has become translucent with a thin white circle around it.
Give it time to "rest". Apply a clean dish towel on top. Then cover it with the lid leaving the Quinoa to rest 10-15 minutes. The lid traps the heat and the towel absorbs excess moisture.
Stir the quinoa with a fork, enough, so that all the seeds breathe. You already have fluffy quinoa, ready to serve.
- The secret is how well you rinse Quinoa before cooking. Be sure it will completely rinse to leave as much bitterness as is left.
- In addition, make sure you rinse it well after cooking.
- Quinoa is excellent when cooked in vegetable broth. Also, try to add a little salt - when cooking. Garlic, rosemary and black pepper also match flavor.
- Quinoa softening improves its texture, helps break down the hardest shell of the seed while the rinse removes the bitter resin, saponin.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3000mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 6g | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 3.9mg