Time flies, it’s Christmas time already. This month’s indulgence is Truffles! My love for truffles is endless. I love to create various types of them…With black chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, coconut, nuts, alcohol and much more. My last addiction is the ones on vegan and gluten-free version.
You can use any nuts, any dried fruits and any spices you love. If you wish to create them in a raw version you can omit the black chocolate and you can just use only cacao. My favourite dried fruits for this recipe are dates which give a sweeter taste and plums which give a bitter taste. The choice is yours. 🙂
For the shredded chocolate, you can use the chocolate flakes also.
The best way to combine all the ingredients together is your hands. Wet them a little bit and start mixing all your ingredients very well.
These Truffles are fluffy, sweet, rich in taste and creamy. The best healthy choice for sweet cravings.
Except for the shredded coconut, you can either roll them in cocoa powder or in shredded hazelnuts. All the choices match perfectly together.
I hope you will enjoy them as much I do. Happy December month and try them, you will not regret it! Let me know your impressions. 🙂
Vegan and Gluten-free Chocolate Truffles
- 1 1/2 cup mix of walnuts and almonds
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup plums
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup mix of cacao and shredded black chocolate
- salt to taste
- Firstly pit the plums. Place the walnuts and almonds in a food processor, pulse them until they are fine. Remove the nuts from the food processor, place into a bowl and set aside.
- Next, add the pitted plums and pulse several times. Once the plums have formed a paste, roughly cut up the banana and add it to the plums along with the vanilla. Pulse a few times to blend everything together.
- Add the plum mixture to the nuts. Add a pinch of salt. This gives a flavourful combination between salt and sweet. Mix to combine. To finish add the mix of cacao and the chocolate and mix them all well to combine.
- To form the truffles, sprinkle the bottom of a small pan or bowl with a layer of the coconut.
- Next, gently start forming small round truffles with your hands slightly wet. Gently spread the mixture evenly over the coconut.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer for at least an hour to firm up. These truffles are equally good served cold or at room temperature.