This Sugar Free Hot Chocolate is the perfect way to keep you company and get you warm quickly! Yes, it’s still quite cold in Greece! A quick drink from start to finish in just 10 minutes and tastes incredible. Toss with your favorite dessert and serve it hot!
When I think of hot chocolate, I’m always reminded of that rich and indulgent I had a few years in Belgium and in Qatar.
Hot chocolate is the best, comforting drink for all the cold nights. I like it to have it early at night and watch a good movie.
The best chocolate I ever tried was in the Chocolate Bar in Qatar and in Bruges in Belgium. In both cases, it was served in a small mug of melted thick chocolate that was amazing!
Personally, I made this hot chocolate without conventional sugar and with just water. But you can use any plant-based milk you like.
How To Make Sugar Free Hot Chocolate
Add water to a saucepan and then add cinnamon, vanilla with stevia, star anise and carnation. Let the mix boil for 5 minutes and remove the star anise and the clove. Add the cocoa. Stirring well until all the chocolate has melted and becomes thick and smooth. Add a pinch of salt and serve immediately.
Find below a few useful posts and sugar-free recipes.
- My one-month Sugar-Free Challenge | Results and what I learned,
- The Reality about Sugar and the Sweeteners,
- 15+ Sugar-Free Desserts | Valentine’s Day Recipes.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! I would love to hear back from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Sugar Free Hot Chocolate with Spices
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp clove
- 1 small pinch salt
- Add water to a saucepan and then add the cinnamon, vanilla with stevia, star anise and the clove.
- Let the mix to boil for 5 minutes and remove the star anise and the clove from the mix.
- Add the cocoa. Stir well until all the chocolate has melted and becomes thick and smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt and serve immediately.
- You can substitute water with plant-based milk of your choice.
- If you want it thicker just dissolve 1/2 tbsp of corn flour and mix very well before serving.
- You can add a slice of orange also along with the spices.
Are you planning to make this Recipe? I LOVE to see your creations. Please take a photo and tag @MANINIOPK on Instagram with the hashtag #MANINIOPK.
This looks so rich and creamy – I love the idea of adding spices too!
Amy | The Cook Report
This looks super comforting, love that it’s sugar free too!
It is freezing here in Queensland tonight, this would go down a treat! I love the look and that it is sugar free!! Cheers
Alina | Cooking Journey Blog
I love this healthy and warming chocolate drink! Looks like real think Italian hot chocolate, but sweetened with stevia, which is awesome.
Heidy L. McCallum
It might be over 90 degrees here in sunny Florida but I love this recipe so much I have been making it almost daily instead of coffee. The entire family enjoys it every morning.